One of my favorite posts from a long time ago was a post link-up called “Miscellany Monday”. Each week you could post random things about your week or your plans or funny things your kids said. It was a fun post and it was awesome because you didn’t have to think up an entire post about one topic. Sadly, a couple years ago the host of that link-up brought Miscellany Monday to and end.
I was sitting here trying to think of something to blog about, and I had lots of little things I could share but nothing worth an entire post, so – here we are!
- I have a dream to have my own little creative space on the internet. I used to design blogs and I had my own little side business for that. I really enjoyed getting to be creative and I’ve met some of my best blogging friends through that little venture! Once Kate arrived, demand for my time caused me to put that business to rest. I’m so very thankful for that time.. I was a self taught blog designer, and I’m able to use those skills on my personal blog today. Lately, the thing seems to be art prints, and coffee mugs, and t-shirts. I’d love to have my designs on things like that. I’ve been doing some research on what I’m allowed to do legally, and now I just need to know how to actually make this dream a reality. Does anyone have any background in this? I’d love your advice! The name of my little space is going to be called “Tucci & Co Printable Studio”. I chose that name because I’m hoping to offer things people can print out at home, on which ever type of paper they’d like, and have in instantly! I hope to have lots of fun things there.. lots of free printables, too. We shall see what I’m able to accomplish over the next few months with it! Stay Tuned! (and see side bar for my little graphic for this!)
- I am so excited for a 3 day weekend this weekend! I’m trying to think of some fun things to do with the kids. I know we will pull out the pool and play all day one day. Maybe we can grill out, too. I need to mow the grass so I may try to do that Friday evening or Saturday morning and then the rest of the weekend we can play! I’m thinking about having a “tech free weekend” and just enjoy my time with them. I can save the cell phone and the emails and facebook for the evenings after they are in bed. I’m really looking forward to it!
- My dad visited this past weekend, and for dinner one night we made mini pizzas using English muffins. It was such a great idea! The muffins make a great crust – they were perfect! I can’t wait to make them again, and make other meals using English muffins, too – I have some ideas swimming around!
- Tristan lost a tooth last week and all the “Tooth Fairy” and was a $5.00 bill. Tristan woke up the next morning and yelled, “I’m Rich!” hahaha! Well, this weekend Tristan comes running through the house saying “Momma, Momma – I lost another tooth!!”.. I was like whaaaaat?! I seriously didn’t even know he had another tooth loose enough to come out. I’ve had such a kick out of my friends comments on facebook – everyone thinks he’s found a new investment plan for the summer. haha. Thankfully “Tooth Fairy Pap” had some smaller $$!!
- I really hope everyone reading has a great week this week. Summer is HOT down south, but I’m thankful for some sunshine and summer fun with the kids! I am trying not to wish the summer away, but I am really looking forward to the fall. My favorite time of year! I’m excited to see what we can get in to this week, and hopeful for lots of productiveness and happiness! Happy Monday, friends!