I think I have a new favorite recipe. I eat a lot of chicken, and to be honest I hate eating baked chicken because I can never get it to have much flavor. The outside will have some flavor, but the inside is just blah. The other night I had intended on making a BBQ Ranch Chicken, but I forgot to get the BBQ sauce at the store. Ugh – this is the story of my life. I still needed to make dinner, so I raided my pantry and found some things I thought may go well together. That’s when Garlic Butter & Italian Herb Chicken was born.
Ingredients : this recipe is for 3, but you could make more butter and be fine for more chicken!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 – 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the 1/2 stick of butter in the microwave. Add the minced garlic and Italian seasoning, stir.
- Take your chicken breast and make slices into the meat, sort of like doing hasselback potatoes, just not so many cuts. (if you don’t know that is, make sure to google it!)
- Drizzle the butter on top of your chicken breasts. Season with salt to your taste. Make sure you’re getting all the good stuff inside the cuts you’ve made.
- Take the Italian bread crumbs, and sprinkle that on top of your chicken. You can put as much or as little as you like.
- Bake this in your oven until cooked through.
We serve this with rice that we’ve seasoned with chicken bouillon, and it’s so good! Putting the slices in the chicken allows the seasonings and goodness to get inside of the chicken, and you’ll have flavor throughout the whole thing. You can also make some extra garlic butter and drizzle that on top throughout the cooking process. It’s really so good!