A few years ago I heard one of my favorite bloggers talk about how she used the month of January to get established in her goals and work on ironing things out, and then she started her “new year” February 1. That wasn’t my intention this year, but with the way things are looking that may be my set up as well.
I’m in the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy, but I am still sooooo tired. I feel like a broken record, but I have a cold that I cannot get rid of. It’s wearing me down physically and mentally at this point. I’m ready to feel better and accomplish things, but I basically go to bed when the kids do in the evenings, and barely make it until time to get off work during the day. I’m just TIRED of being TIRED.
I haven’t accomplished any of my goals for 2018 yet, or even made great strides towards them, and that makes me feel so bummed out. I guess it’s my life and I can do what I want and nobody says I have to follow a certain mold for new year goals, so I’m trying to remind myself of that and be OK with the fact I’m having a slow start.
That being said, I think I’m going to take this month and try to build a foundation for the rest of the year with my goals. That’s what I really wanted to do in January, but it didn’t happen. I just want to feel organized and FEEL BETTER and feel productive at the end of the day. I need that for my mental well-being.
So, my goals for February are
- Establish my morning routine : I’ve been getting up early like I wanted, but I’m not doing anything with the time I’m giving myself before everyone else gets up. I’d like to not waste that time, and make something productive of it.
- Establish my evening routine : I’d really like to have a routine that makes me feel accomplished when I go to bed. Some of the things I’d like to do are as simple as remembering to put my face cream on, but I’d also like to take some time before bed to do something for myself like read.
- Exercise consistently : I had a goal to exercise 4 nights per week, but when you go to bed the same time your kids do, it’s hard to fit that in before sleep. I really need to get this in to my routine. I’ve felt so lax and “whatever” about my pregnancy health so far. Maybe because I haven’t felt very good so far.. who knows.
- Be more present for my kids : yes, I’m repeating myself .. but I’m so tired when I get home and I don’t have a lot of energy or desire (I feel so bad about that) to really get down and do fun things with my kids. I love them so much, and my crazy weird hormones make me feel so sad because I miss them during the day, and I just want to feel like I’m there for them and they know I love them, etc.
- I want to just have the bare basics of what I’d like to accomplish this year laid out, if that makes any sense
My goals are not much but I just feel like I need to establish a little bit of a foundation.. just the basics of what I’d like to do this year. My new routines and my new normals. I want things to be second nature, and not hard. I want to FEEL GOOD, that’s the main thing. Productiveness, efficiency, routine.. those things make me feel good. I need to build that back up.